Enamelling is the art of fusing glass to metal at high temperatures, using action. We’ll be exploring enamelling step by step, learning to fuse finely powdered enamel onto the surface of copper to create beautiful a glossy glassy surface. These ancient techniques were first used by the Chinese, Greeks, Celts and Egyptians to decorate metal and add colour to metal jewellery and other precious objects. During the ‘Have a Go’ drop in session, Lynette and Ann will demonstrate and guide you through the process to create your own unique pendant or key ring. You will learn the basics of enamelling, including
- Cover health and safety and the kiln firing processes
- Prepare copper for enamelling
- Applying a counter enamel
- Explore the use of opaque and transparent enamels
- Use decorative inclusions (e.g. Frit, glass threads, millefiori, and copper wire)
- Explore colour, and surface designs with stencils, printing and drawing
Information will be provided about future workshops, should you decide that you want to pursue your new hobby.
Out of stock
Artists – Lynette & Ann
Date: Thursday 4th October 2018.
Time: 1.30 – 2.30pm
Place: The Company Office, Maws Craft Centre, Ferry Rd, Jackfield, Telford TF8 7LS